Effective April 29, 2021
EMD may collect your contact information. This might include name and postal address. EMD may also collect email addresses and/or telephone numbers. We also may collect your account username and password.
If you make a purchase through our Site, EMD may collect purchase information. This includes credit card information and billing addresses. It may also include shipping information.
EMD may also collect your date of birth, age, or gender. EMD may also collect information about your online and browsing behaviors, or your hobbies and interests. EMD may also collect information about your household or style preferences. And EMD may also collect information about geographic location, such as your zip code, city and state, and mobile location.
EMD may also collect or keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to computers on a network that is used to identify your computer when connected to the Internet. EMD may also collect information about your computer or device, including your computer’s operating system type, your phone’s unique device ID, web browser type, and other similar mobile device data. We collect this information, among other things, to: (i) troubleshoot technical concerns; (ii) maintain website safety and security; (iii) restrict access to our website to certain users, and (iv) better understand how our website is utilized.
EMD, or a third party on our behalf, may also collect log files that record activity when web users access our Site. These logs record, among other things: (i) a user’s browser type and operating system; (ii) information about a user’s session (such as the URL they came from, the date and time they visited our website, and which pages they have viewed on our Site and for how long); and (iii) other similar navigational data. EMD may also use information captured in log files to gather statistics about our user base and for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve and customize the online services we provide you. Log files are not associated with any particular user’s Personal Information.
Notice of Information We Collect and How We Use It
EMD will collect information when you voluntarily provide it to us. You might do this through one of our online forms available on this Site, through our applications, or at offline programs and events. These are most commonly encountered when
- purchasing products or services from this Site;
- registering or signing up for a membership on this Site;
- posting comments on message boards and other interactive discussions forms;
- responding to surveys;
- participating in sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions;
- registering for newsletters or other communications from us or;
- interacting with us on social media platforms.
EMD may also collect information you provide to us in connection with content that you submit. This might be content you post on our Site or applications, via email or through text or video message.
Information We Collect Automatically.
EMD may automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and service you and our community. This information may also include click stream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the Site.
The methods that we and our service providers use to automatically collect such information include:
- Log Information: we collect information about your use of our Site, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our Site.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a website. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences or web pages visited while using our Site. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
- Web Beacons: EMD may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” in our web pages and email messages. EMD may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to our Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, and to count how many emails that we sent were actually opened or how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies: EMD may use global positioning systems (“GPS”) software and other location-based technologies to locate you so EMD may verify your location, and deliver relevant content to you based on your location.
Information we automatically collect about you, such as how you interact with our Site, may be combined with your Personal Information. If we associate any such automatically-collected information with Personal Information about you, EMD will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
EMD and our business partners and other third parties may send you product promotions that are aligned with your purchase trends and/or interests identified through automatically-collected information.
Information We Collect From Our Partners and Other Sources.
EMD may also obtain information about you (such as email and address) from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. If we receive Personal Information from a third-party source and/or if we combine the information we receive from these third-party sources with your Personal Information, EMD will treat that information as Personal Information. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect, use, and share such information.
Third Party Advertisers
Third party advertising companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. These third party cookies do not collect personally identifiable information.
Surveys or Contests
EMD may provide you with the opportunity to participate in surveys or contests on our Site. If you participate, EMD will request certain Personal Information. The requested information typically includes contact information, such as name and shipping address, and demographic information.
EMD uses this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor site traffic, or to personalize the Site and to send participants an email newsletter. By participating in a survey or contest you submit to that activity’s terms and conditions, including providing EMD with permission, if required, to share your Personal Information with sponsors of that survey and/or contest.
Links to Other Websites
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your information changes, or you wish to delete your account, you may correct, update, delete it or deactivate your account by going to your account or by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected]
Use and Disclosure of Your Health Information
EMD may use health information to carry out treatment and procedures. Treatment is the provision, coordination or management of health care. For example, EMD may use and disclose your information to consult with a third party or to refer you to other health care providers. EMD will get your written consent prior to making disclosures outside EMD for treatment purposes, except if there is an emergency. Healthcare procedures include the activities necessary for EMD to run its business. For example, EMD may use your information to review treatment and services and to evaluate the performance of our staff.
EMD may use or disclose your health information:
- When required by federal, state, or local law.
- To support public health activities by reporting as required or authorized by state or federal law. These reports may include the reporting of exposure to a communicable disease or risk of spreading a disease or condition.
- To cooperate with law enforcement officials for certain law enforcement purposes as directed by a court order, warrant, criminal subpoena, or other lawful process.
- To report abuse or neglect.
- To support health oversight activities that are authorized by law, such as administrative or criminal investigations, inspections, licensure or disciplinary actions and other similar activities necessary for appropriate oversight of government benefit programs or functions.
- When required by a coroner or medical examiner for the purpose of identifying a deceased person, determining a cause of death or other duties as required by law.
- When necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health and safety of a person or the public and the disclosure is to a person reasonably able to prevent or lessen the threat, as consistent with applicable law and standards.
- For judicial or administrative proceedings, in response to a valid court order, administrative order, a grand jury subpoena, or with your written consent.
- For research purposes, with your written authorization or as permitted by state law.
- To business associates to perform functions on EMD’s behalf, if the business associate has signed an agreement to protect the confidentiality of the information.
EMD may disclose your health information to a family member, other relatives, or a close friend or any other person you identify and for whom you consent to such a disclosure if the information relates to that person’s involvement in your health care. If you are unable to agree or object to the use or disclosure, EMD may disclose such information as necessary if EMD determines that it is in your best interest.
In other situations, your written authorization will be obtained before EMD will use or disclose your health information to third parties outside EMD.
State and federal laws may be more stringent and may prohibit certain uses and disclosures identified above. When applicable, EMD will follow the more stringent requirement.
1. You may request EMD to restrict uses and disclosures of your health information. However, EMD is not required to agree to the requested restriction. These requests must be made in writing to EMD at [email protected] In your request, you must tell us (a) what information you want to limit; (b) whether you want to limit EMD’s use, disclosure, or both, and (c) to whom you want the limits to apply, for example, if you want to prohibit disclosures to your spouse.
2. You have the right to request confidential communications by alternative means or at alternative locations. For example, you may request that we communicate with you only by mail. EMD will accommodate all reasonable requests, but your request must specify how or where you wish to be contacted, and EMD may require you to provide information about how payment will be handled. You must request confidential communications in writing.
3. You have a right to inspect and obtain a copy of your health information that is used to make decisions about your care for as long as EMD maintains the information. This right does not apply to certain health information, including information compiled in reasonable anticipation of or for litigation and other information not subject to the right to access information under state law and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (HIPAA). Requests for access to health information must be made in writing to EMD at [email protected]ance.md. If access is denied, you will be provided with a written explanation that sets forth the basis for the denial, a description of how you may review those rights and a description of how you may complain.
4. You have the right to request that EMD amend your health information if it is incorrect or incomplete. Requests for amendment of information must be made in writing to EMD at [email protected], and you must provide a reason that supports your request to have the information changed. In addition, EMD may deny your request if you ask us to amend information that: (a) was not created by EMD (unless the person or entity that created the information is no longer available to make the amendment); (b) is not part of the medical information kept by EMD; (c) is not part of the information you would be permitted to inspect and copy; or (d) is accurate and complete.
5. At your request, EMD will provide you with an accounting of disclosures by EMD of your health information during the six (6) years prior to the date of your request. However, such accounting will not include disclosures made: 1) to carry out treatment, payment or Healthcare procedures; 2) directly to you or your personal representatives; 3) prior to the effective date of this notice; or 4) based on your written authorization. If you request more than one accounting within a 12-month period, EMD will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee for each subsequent accounting. Requests for an accounting of disclosures must be made in writing at [email protected]
6. To obtain a paper copy of this notice, email EMD at [email protected]
7. You may exercise your rights through a personal representative as permitted or required by applicable law. Your personal representative may be required to produce evidence of authority to act on your behalf before that person will be given access to your information or allowed to take any action for you.
8. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated you may complain to the EMD at [email protected] You may also file a complaint with the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. All complaints must be submitted in writing. You will not be penalized in any way for filing a complaint.
The security of your information is important to EMD, including, but not limited to, the Personal Information collected via the Site. We use reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, unauthorized access, misuse, alteration and destruction of Personal Information under our control, both during the transmission and once we receive it. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of firewalls and encryption. Although we make good faith efforts to maintain the security of such Personal Information, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. Further, while we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining this information. We keep Personal Information no longer than necessary for legitimate business purpose or as required by law.
As part of securing personal data stored on our servers, EMD restricts access to Personal Information to EMD employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If EMD learns of a security breach, EMD may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or by providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site.
If a security systems breach occurs, EMD may post a notice on our homepage (www.enhance.md) or elsewhere on the Site and may send email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. This notice paragraph applies to users of this Site.
Change of Ownership
In the event of a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or transfer or sale of all or a portion of our assets to, another entity, EMD reserves the right to transfer all of your Personal Information, including email addresses, to that entity. EMD will use reasonable efforts to notify registered users of any such transfer to an unaffiliated third party (by a posting on our homepage, or by email to your email address that you provided to us, as chosen by us in our discretion).
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. EMD and the Site are not directed toward individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Information through our Site. Additionally, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18, unless or except as permitted by law. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected from a user under 18 years of age on or through the Site, then EMD will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 18 who has registered on the Site or you believe has otherwise provided Personal Information to EMD, please contact [email protected] to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a resident of the state of California, California’s “Shine the Light” law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by us to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]